Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This week's Dr Visit

Well it's official. I'm on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy. 7 more weeks. That's right 7. Thankfully it's not strict bedrest and I can occasionally get up to walk around and shower, etc. My fluid levels were lots better this week. In the normal range this time. Labs came back normal also so I don't have preeclampsia. The only thing is that my BP is slightly elevated. Staying down should help that. Oh and I'm facing the fact that I'm just having one big baby. Dr said that my due date should be accurate and I'm just growing a healthy big boy. LOL Yeah at this rate he'll be over 10lbs!!

Thankfully I have wonderful visiting teachers that have been bringing meals in; An awesome Mom whose been fixing meals for us, cleaning at my house, and taking Myelle some so I can rest a little better; and lastly I have the most fantastic husband in the world who is so concerned about me, the baby, and our family. He's working so hard to make sure things will be okay and we'll be taken care of.

While I'm down I'm taking in a lot of movies, books, and internet time. LOL I'm also trying to really study my scriptures and pray more. I'm afraid with this much down time I'm going to start really stressing about how we're going to pay for things and what we'll do about insurance. I've been trying a lot harder to not worry and just trust that the Lord will take care of what we can't. I'm budgeting and tracking like crazy doing our part to be good stewards of our finances and I'm trusting the Lord will make things work.

Best of all is that Myelle gets to be home with me (even though I'm down mostly) or at Grandma's and not at a babysitter. I can't tell you how much that makes my heart happy. And how much we're going to try for me to be home a whole lot more after this baby's born.

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

well deespite the down side...i always say Heavenly Father has an upside for everything! and your always great to find it. Happy resting and "mommie staying home time"!!!ains

Birch Family said...

HAG IN THERE SEVEN WEEKS IS JUST A BLINK OF THE EYE. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW. BEING A MOM IS GREAT