Saturday, December 27, 2008
I am so appreciative of my bosses for working with me this last crazy week. Last Saturday Erick had to go to the ER for a really bad flare up of his Crohn's. He was admitted and spent the night there. It was the busiest day at work but Nicole wouldn't let me stay. Thank you for that because despite what he said at first I'm sure that Erick was glad I was there with him.
I'm also thankful of how patient my bosses have been with me being sick. Not just with morning sickness that still hasn't gone away, but with the stomach flu I came down with this weekend. I called in sick Friday, but didn't dare call in sick again today so off to work I went and Nicole sent me home. Which I am very grateful for the extra rest because it's miserable being sick at work and now I won't have exposed everyone else to it.
We had a wonderful Christmas at Mom's house and when I remember to get my camera from there :) I'll post pics. Myelle had a blast and I had more fun watching her excitement than ever before. Erick and I are so blessed to have her wonderful little spirit in our family. Quick side story: Myelle just loves Jesus. She is always pointing out the baby Jesus in every nativity we see and today we got out our Christ with the little children statue and she was trying to give it hugs and kisses.
We are really sad the weather and the roads kept us from going to Burley this weekend, but we are so thankful for family that understands. It is great to stay safe and sound at home. Know that we love you and that we will visit as soon as we can.
Now I am going to head off to bed and hope that when I wake up this darn flu bug has run it's course.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Erick made a couple of these. I think he did an excellent job! Very cool and I wouldn't mind having one for myself. Not mentioning who they're going to until after Christmas, but I hope the people they are going to are going to like them.
Monday, December 15, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? Shortly after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I decide I need the space more than I want the tree up.
5. Do you like eggnog? Heck Yeah! Just finished a glass.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm. Not sure. Maybe our puppy Chief. Or the Winnie the Pooh train when I was really young.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Definitely Myelle. The hard thing is not going overboard.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have 3 at least. I think I have more.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? You mean people actually get them sent out? :D Mail or hand delivered for sure on the ones that I get sent out.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Never had a worst Christmas gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Anything other than The Christmas Story and Jim Carey's Grinch.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas. :D I'm always looking for good deals and great gifts.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Any kind of Christmas candy.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes! I love motion lights. Erick loves white lights. We trade years who gets to pick, but my bro and his wife were ingenious and put white in the branches and around the trunk and the motion lights around the outside of the tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Pretty much all of them. Favorite favorite....Carol of the Bells. The list of ones I don't like is shorter than my favorites.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is the last year we will be traveling. We're going to my parents house since Brett and Brianna will be there. It will be the last year Mom'll get to have the whole family together for Christmas morning.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? You betcha. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (is it Donder or Donner I never knew), Blitzen and Rudolf! Haha and I didn't even look.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year a star, but we alternate between a star, angel, and a big red bow.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Some years we get pajamas to open on Christmas Eve, but otherwise everything on Christmas morning. Except for open early presents of course ;)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How cranky people get while they are doing their Christmas shopping and how they take it out on the employees of the stores.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Eclectic.
24. Favorite time for Christmas dinner? Anytime
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Lots of stuff....Top things on my list.......Not having to work so I can stay home with my kids....a clean house......a good full night's sleep.........Being able to go to church every Sunday instead of working......Getting closer to my Heavenly Father......good health.
I TAG Mom, Rachel, Jessica, Jen, and Scott.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Now to enjoy the Christmas season and then I can worry about finding a solution to the next problem on the list. :D
It's just one thing after another it feels like. *Sigh* Oh well. I'm done grumbling about it and what doesn't kill us will make us stronger. Our trials will bring us closer as a family and closer to God. We'll just keep paying our tithing and doing the things we need to and just plug along and everything will work out.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Black Friday was a fun and very long day. Sportsman's opened at 6am and it was busy! I started work at 5:30 am and left at 5pm. Then it was off to play games with the McKinnon family. I think I provided most of the entertainment since I was so tired. :D
Erick surprised me by getting us a Christmas tree while he was out getting me some powerade and soda today. (I think I've got the flu because I just can't keep anything down and we had nothing on hand that would work to keep me hydrated.) So we got that decorated today along with a few other things put up in the living room. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera from Mom's house.
Not sure when my other day off this week is. It was supposed to be tomorrow, but I'm covering for a coworker and my boss didn't know which other day I could get off. If there isn't one then I'll be grateful for the overtime and for the next week when I can have 2 days off. :D
I hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Sending our love.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
I've got a bunch of other projects in the works and I'll post pics when I can. Some I won't be able to post until after Christmas because they are for people that read this blog. ,
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
One of my goals this month is to be more organized, which when working FT can be quite a challenge but is absolutely necessary. I've started by making a list of things that need to get done everyday. It's short since I don't have much time, but it includes washing the dishes, one batch of laundry, and tidying up 5 min in a room of my choice (usually the Living Room since it's the most lived in).
I just started doing this yesterday, but already I feel more energy and not so overwhelmed. I also have a big sense of relief and a little bit of accomplishment (because I'm not usually organized with my housework). The biggest thing I noticed....with the dishes done up and the kitchen clean I actually want to be in there cooking dinner and baking treats (which I love to do BTW). :D Funny how that works.
My next step in becoming more organized.....Coming Soon. LOL Pretty much I'm open to suggestions. Do you have a great way you keep organized?
Sunday, November 9, 2008
One of her favorite songs right now? "I Lub You" from Barney. LOL
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN MARRIED? 3 Years 7 months
HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? Officially 3 weeks before we were engaged, but were really good friends for 3 months before that and then engaged 10 months.
HOW OLD IS HE? 26
WHO IS TALLER? Erick by about an inch
WHO CAN SING BEST? Not sure we're about equally matched.
WHO IS SMARTER? I catch on to stuff faster, but he knows alot more
WHO DOES LAUNDRY? I wash and dry and he folds. :D
WHO PAYS BILLS? Me, but he's trying to learn
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED? He does
WHO MOWS THE LAWN? We don't have a lawn anymore, but when we did he did mostly, but occasionally I would.
WHO COOKS DINNER? Mostly me. He has to when I work late.
WHO'S THE FIRST TO ADMIT THEY ARE WRONG? Me. I can be wrong alot.
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? He kissed me first. I didn't object. LOL
WHO WEARS THE PANTS? we share them, I wear one leg and he wears the other. <-----Yeah that.
I tag Mom and Ainslie.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Here's Myelle on Halloween. She was Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. (Too bad she wouldn't take her pacifier out) She was just too cute! And she had a blast Trick or Treating with the girls. And she is not happy when we tell her she can't have any more candy for now. LOL
After that it was back to the hotel to watch scary movies. :D We had to...it was Halloween. House on Haunted Hill and Return to House on Haunted Hill were our picks for the evening and we stayed up until 3am watching them. LOL
Saturday was fantastic weather for the races and Keeley and both the Firth boys' and girls' teams did fantastic!! Keeley took 3rd and broke 20 min. YAY! Congrats Kee! We're so proud of you! The girls' team took 2nd and the boys' team took 1st. And I am proud to announce that I am not the only one that cried (because we're so proud of her) while Keeley was racing! Brett and Brianna did too. Well so did Mom, but she's the mom so it's okay. :D
Afterwards we ate out as a family and then went and visited Chris and Jen for awhile. Watched the last quarter of the BYU vs. CSU game. GO BYU!! They pulled off a win even though we didn't think they would. :) We're looking forward to going to Jen's house for Thanksgiving in a few weeks.
Hope ya'll had a fantastic weekend!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Only problem is that now I have Dori's voice in my head singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Ah well maybe I can get her to sing "Just keep working..." so that I can keep up with my housework. LOL
Monday, October 20, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
I can't even thank our Heavenly Father enough. He has blessed us so much and we find answers to our prayers come in many different ways.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Lil' Cheddar Meatloaves Recipe #59056
We have given up all other meat loaf recipes for this one. I love the individual servings and every bite has the yummy catsup sauce where in "regular" meat loaf it's just a small strip on top! With the smaller loaves it also makes the cooking time a bit quicker. This recipe came from '99 TOH magazine but I added the rubbed sage for some extra flavor. Enjoy! by DDW
1 hour 15 min prep SERVES 8
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4oz)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oat
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon rubbed sage (optional) (I used thyme I was out of sage still just as good)
1 lb lean ground beef
2/3 cup catsup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar ( I wouldn't use so much it was waayy too sweet for me, Erick liked it though)
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion, salt and rubbed sage. Add beef and mix well. (It will seem runny at first but will thicken up as you mix.) Shape into 8 equal sized loaves (oval/egg shaped) and place in a greased 9X13X2" baking dish.
Sauce: Combine catsup, brown sugar and mustard. Spoon over each loaf so they are all covered in the sauce. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
We have some left over that I'm going to freeze into homemade TV dinners for lunches and when I have to work late.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Now we finally have our washer and Erick will hook it up tonight so I can start getting caught up on laundry. Thanks again Mom and Dad for bringing it up and helping us pick up our new (to us) furniture.
I'll post pics once I get our camera charged. I have to find the charger first. :D
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
And to our new ward. We felt so welcome in just the first 5 minutes from when we stepped in the door. It really made it lots easier not to feel homesick for our old Kimball ward.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Moving is going pretty good. Erick is doing most of it and I'll do all the unpacking. I can't wait to decorate it all cute for fall and especially Christmas! Life is going to be crazy for the next week or two. My brother Brett is getting married a week from Saturday so I have to work Monday through Thursday and then I'll be trying to help Mom with whatever I can for the wedding and that. Oh yeah it's also homecoming for my alma mater(aka Firth High School) and I believe we'll be going to the game right after the open house. So if any of you are going to be there I'll see you there!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
We got our apartment yesterday and I LOVE it! It has a fireplace and a huge living room and is just so cozy. I'll post pictures as soon as we get moved in. I'm taking the first load down today and possibly even one or two more loads later tonight.
Wish us luck!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Today both Erick and I are both going in to work for Dad. Then we'll wander around the fair on the very last day. Take in some of the sights. :D
Thursday, August 28, 2008
....makes the 1/2 hour commute one way without complaining even when there's construction
....tries to be in to work by 6am, 6:30 at the latest.
....works a minimum of 10 hours a day, often more, and only gets 45 min lunch and one other break. His work....woodworking so he's always lifting heavy things, stressing about precise measurements, he's constantly moving and only gets to sit down at lunch.
....never complains about how much he works or how long the hours are. I complain I'm tired after a 5 hour shift of serving.
....only occasionally complains about me talking to him into the late hours.
....will stay up late with me even though he's got a long and early day ahead of him.
....is the best father to my little girl.
....stays worthy of his priesthood.
....keeps me humble.
....does all he can to provide for our family.
....motivates me to go to church when I just don't feel like it.
....spoils me rotten.
....listens to me complain without saying a word.
....gives me really great massages. I love to be pampered.
....always has what's best for me in mind.
....loves me for who I am even with all my flaws and ramblings and misgivings and no matter what kind of mood I'm in.
Erick you are the best husband in the whole wide world. I love you so much. ~ Aud
Saturday, August 23, 2008
pahee - potty, but she actually means bathtub. LOL
hokgok - hot dog
cahcky - cracker
Seesee - means she wants to watch TV or rather she wants me to turn it on and then doesn't watch it
Sigh - Outside
caclate - chocolate milk
waher - any type of drink other than milk
pahk - park
to, sik, go - ready, set, go (she then proceeds to run as fast as she can to whatever destination wants.
Nanan, Sashel - Brandon and Rachel our good friends and her heroes. :D
Bhama (with a very gutteral first syllable) - Grandma - she almost sounds like she's growling
Gampa - Pretty obvious on this one
Limpi - Olympics
Dan - dance
sahee, I sahee - I'm sorry
.....and many, many more. Yes we're proud parents and yes we're just like everyone else that thinks their own child is the one and only in the universe.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Moving was fun and scary. Myelle wanted to help alot. She was really good at making sure the shelves were up right. LOL As you can see everything was a mess.....still is kind of....okay, okay is really messy still. One of these days we'll find a place for everything.
Myelle likes going to Maria's when I have to go to work and playing with her girls Tylee and Ellie. Thank you Maria! Work has been okay. Love the people and the place is great, but boy is it slow on this 7 week break. I keep telling myself just wait 3 more weeks until the college kids are back and then it will be busy.
Not much more than that going on with us. Happy Thursday!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
During the week? Usually 9 or 9:30
Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Gameplan. We don't go to the movies much.
What is your favorite TV show? Hmm I don't watch much TV. Probably Good Morning America
What did you have for breakfast? Instant Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal
What is your middle name? Lee
What foods do you dislike? Lima Beans and Liver
What is your favorite type of music? It depends on the day, but I listen to EVERYTHING!
What kind of car do you drive? Volkswagon Jetta and Ford Bronco2
Favorite sandwich? Reuban or a French Dip
What characteristics do you despise? fakeness - Have to agree with Rachel on this one or Liars, but that goes along with fakeness
Favorite item of clothing? Capris - denim or khaki
If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Brazil, Europe, Any other tropical place
What color is your bathroom? pink tile, purple-ish flowery wall paper
Favorite brand of clothing? The cheap stuff. LOL I don't have a favorite
Where would you retire to? The Mountains
Favorite time of day? Evening
Where were you born? Blackfoot, Idaho
Favorite sport to watch? College basketball on TV, Track and Field in Real Life
Are you a morning person or night owl? Night owl Fo Sho!
How many kids do you want? 6, but I'll take as many as the Lord blesses us with.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Finishing school and getting a REAL job!
Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? We're moving to Rexburg in less than a week!! Oh but you knew that already.
What did you want to be when you were little? Mainly a Mom and then a doctor.
Favorite Candy Bar? Snickers and Reeses
What is your best childhood memory? Camping with my family
What is the one thing you wish you were doing right now? Vacationing anywhere
Nicknames: aud, auj, aujibijani (don't ask LOL) sister bear, Booboo
Eye color: I think hazel, but they use to be blue
Ever been to Africa? No
Ever been toilet papering? No, I was a sheltered child
Loved someone so much it made you cry? Oh yeah
Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons
Favorite day of the week? Hmm all of them
Favorite restaurant? This fantastic one in Twin Falls called the Garden Cafe *drool*
Favorite flower? calla lilies or daisies
Favorite ice cream? chocolate
Favorite day of the year? Hmmm I love them all unless I'm having a bad day. LOL
Favorite fast food restaurant? Subway
Favorite website? Blogger.com, Frugal-families
How many times did you fail your driver's test? None I passed on the first try
From whom did you get your last e-mail? Angie Dunn
Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? A sports store Like Big 5 or Sportsman's Warehouse
What do you do most often when you are bored? blog stalk <<Yeah that
What time do you usually go to bed for the evening? Midnight
Last person you went out to dinner with? Erick
Ford or Chevy? Chevy
What are you listening to right now? Good Morning America
What is your favorite color? dark green
What is your most prized possession? A hand sewn quilt my Great Grandma made (one of the last ones she did)
Who is your hero? My Mom and Dad and My hubby
Lake, Ocean or river? River, but maybe ocean I haven't gotten to experience the ocean much
Bottled Water, purified or spring? Spring I guess
Dog or cat? Dog
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The Chicken
What is your favorite band? Don't have a favorite
What book are you reading right now? None, but I would love to read some classics
What is the one thing you could not travel without? Money
Tag You're all it!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Just look at all the junk food that Mommy let me eat! I was in Heaven! I ate 2 1/2 hotdogs, 1/2 hotdog bun, baked beans, 1/2 can 7up, tootsie rolls, suckers, popcorn, and cotton candy!
Mmm Ketchup and Mustard on a hotdog sure makes for a messy face. Ah, who cares!
Thanks Falls Cabinet for a fantastic party and Chukars for a great game! Great job on the win 12-5! Thanks Erick for working so hard and taking us to your party! We loved it!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Packing is going alright. Very slow and I have no clue how we got all this junk! Half of it is just trash I swear! I have the next 2 days off so it will be packing, packing, packing. Except for a couple of breaks.
Apparently Fuddrucker's had to cut somewhere because in order to get Gourmet Salt you get Value Priced Pepper. LOL
Have a happy Sunday!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
1.As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2.Now, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
I love it! It's a 5 speed, gets great gas mileage (like 30mpg), it's blue :D and it's dang fun to drive! However, now I have a stupid car payment, but with our frugal skills we will be able to come up with extra and pay it off before the 48 months is up.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Some of the fantastic throwers I got to coach! I'm super sad I can't remember all of their names, but I do remember Katie in black, Amy right next to her, and I want to say Emily in front she's from Virginia, and I can't remember the last girl's name, but she's a doll and awesome to coach! Thanks ladies!
Three of the greatest men in the discus world! We are so blessed to have them come to camp every year. In case you don't know the one in front is Wolfgang Schmidt. The two in the background are Mac Wilkins (left) and Dr. L. Jay Sylvester (right). All three are Olympic medalists and amazing men in their sport.
Last of all the leader of us all! Bart Templeman! "The sky is blue...the grass is green....it's time to throw.....It just don't get any better than this!!" IWT - "I Wanna Throw!"
Love you all from Ironwood and I can't wait to see you again next year....and hopefully before then. :D
Friday, July 4, 2008
Here's my smokin cool bros at battle of the bands.
Rachel is one of Myelle's best friends. :D Ours too of course!
Then we got to visit our good friends Bethany and Morgan. They're gonna have a baby soon! YAY! We're so sad that they are moving to Boise a month after we move to Rexburg. :(
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
After that I decided to run to Walmart for a few groceries and they were having 50% off already marked clearance! I got a ton of stuff.
I thought these were so cute for Myelle and they were only $6!
Now she has some awesome shoes that are easy for me to put on her!
I also got me 2 pairs of shoes and my little sister a pair of shoes. My shoes that are on the outside were $2.50 each and the pink ones for my little sister were only $3!
Erick is probably going to kill me once he finds out how much I spent, but doesn't it feel great to get a good deal?
For tonight we're having our ward 4th of July party! Homemade ice cream, good food, and one of my dear teachers and coach is going to speak. Coach Portela is one of the best military speakers I know. He's written 2 or 3 books already! I'll post pics when I get home.
Have a fantastic evening!
Monday, June 30, 2008
1. What is his name? Erick McKay Wood
2. How long have you been married? 3 years
3. How long did you date? Officially? 3 weeks, but we had known each other for 6 months and were best friends for 3 before that. Plus we had a long engagement.
4. Who eats more? Sadly I do.
5. Who said I love you first? I don't remember for sure, but I think it was Erick
6. Who sings better? We're both good singers, but I'll always say me. ;)
7. Who is taller? Erick is unless I am wearing heels.
8. Whose temper is worse? Definitely mine. I got mad at him the other night because he wouldn't pick a fight with me. *blush*
9. Who does the laundry? I do the washin and the dryin and Erick does most of the foldin. I put it away.
10. Who does the dishes? The dishwasher
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Erick
12. Who does the cooking? My Mom. LOL We eat there alot. I try to, but with work poor Erick has to grab what he can when I'm gone. When I'm home I usually do, but Erick is a pretty dang good cook himself.
13. Who is more stubborn? Again I think it's me, but we're both pretty stubborn.
14. Who proposed? Erick did June 15, 2004 up in the mountains while we were looking at stars. Same thing we did on our first "official" date.
15. Who is more likely to admit when they are wrong? Me. Erick rarely admits it, but it smooths over anyway.
16. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine just because they are a mile down the road. With gas prices and our busy schedules we just don't make it to Burley often enough.
17. Who pays the bills? Me, but Erick is good at reminding me sometimes.
18. Who wears the pants in the family? I think that that role changes depending on what is needing to be done, so I think that we end up sharing the responsibility alot. Ditto to this!
19. Why do you love your husband? He is so patient and unassuming and trusting. He easily forgives me for my faults (which I have a lot of) and loves me for me. He always keeps up on current events and he explains it all to me when I get confused. He's a hard worker strives to support our family. He perseveres over everything. He makes me laugh and loves to do a lot of the stuff I do and he's a fantastic daddy to our little girl. To sum it up: He's my hero and my life. I love him so much.
K so now I am tagging all of ya'll! Jessica, Rachel, Jen, Steph, Mom, Ains, Tesha and everyone else!
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE? The Gameplan
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING? None right now, but I've been dying to read the Twilight series that everyone's been raving about
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Scene-It
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE? Self
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS? The smell of summer and fresh cut hay
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS? The breathing of my hubby while he's sleeping, Myelle's babbling, a really hard rain storm
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Feeling like you won't make the cut
8)WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE? Usually it's "Man I slept in AGAIN!"
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? Subway
10) FUTURE CHILD’S NAME? Bentley McKay for a boy and Piper Lee for a girl
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D… Pay off all our debt, invest some, give some, and have a whole lotta fun!
12) DO U DRIVE FAST? Heck yeah! With gas prices I've been slowing down some though.
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? nope
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? Way beyond Cool! Storms feel so powerful!
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? The Blue Beast....a 1984 Dodge Caravan
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Iced lemon water, italian sodas, lemonade
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD… do all the things I've been wanting to do. :D Travel, relax, hang with family and friends
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? You betcha!
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Auburn
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN? Firth, Pocatello, Firth, Twin Falls, Firth. LOL See a pattern? Soon to be Rexburg BABY!
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Do I have to pick a favorite? How about just about all of them!22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Jess - there's always a special spot in my heart for you and Beppy is the most perservering and strongest person I know
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? Drawers filled with clothes
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?? Heck yah! I love being me!
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? Depends on how much sleep I get Ditto to that
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Over easy
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? In the mountains
28) FAVOURITE PIE? Chocolate Cream
29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR? Again I have to pick a favorite? Pretty much all of them
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? Oh I have to tag OTHER people? :D
Okay anyone that reads this you are tagged! And so will everyone else when I get around to it. LOL
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Although we have decided to move to Rexburg so I can finish college. I'll be getting my degree in Exercise Science. Pretty much we're moving as soon as we can find an apartment, which BTW is looking like it will be sometime next month. YAY!
I'm totally horrible at figuring computer stuff out, but I hope to learn how to put more pics and that on here. Just have to get Erick to bring the camera home from work.
Hope everything is going well with all!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Fast forward to bedtime. Time for pajamas and I tell her to let Mommy help you. She defiantly looks at me, clutches her jammies and says "NO" I couldn't believe it. It was all I could do not to laugh! But I'm sure I'll tire of it soon and "no" won't be so funny.
Have a great night!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Saturday was a great day. We had the Tiger/Griz track meet in Idaho Falls and the weather was just beautiful. Very sunny as my legs show. :D My kids did well. Colter threw 148'6" and took 3rd in the discus and 43'5" in the shot taking 5th. Stephanie threw 93'6" and also took 3rd in the discus and then 29'2" taking 8th in the shot. Jordyn threw 73' in the discus. All 3 got their Personal Records for the year.
We're working hard this week prepping for our Bingham County meet. Time sure has been flying by. We only have 3 meets until district. All we can do is work our tails off to get ready. Next week I will be traveling with most of my throwers to Provo to the BYU high school meet.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Just work and track and mommying and keeping house clean and...LOL seems like my list goes on and on. I am staying rather busy though.
Myelle is growing up so fast. She is starting to say more words and has definitely developed an attitude. She's loving playing outside and cries when I tell her to come in.
We are all super excited for warm weather and for summer to come so we can go camping and go to family reunions. We just had some dear friends get married and had a lot of fun with that. We have a lot of weddings this year it seems like. We have 3 more in May. Congratulations to all those people.
We hope all is well with everyone. Love ya tons!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Very interesting and gives some food for thought. My own opinion: We're not going to run out of food anytime soon, but I think we definitely need to heed the church's council about becoming self-reliant and supporting ourselves. Foodwise for myself that means planting a better garden and canning wisely. Planning menus and trying to stretch my grocery money as far as possible. I don't buy much meat since I get a lot of beef from Mom and Dad, but I do buy chicken and check out the quick reduce bin for other deals. With rising costs I'm trying to trim my budget even more by substituting one meatless meal a week. So far we've had spaghetti with tomato sauce instead of meat sauce. LOL But I'm working on more. Lasagna and baked potatoes with chili are on my menu.
I'd love to hear of any other ideas you have for meatless meals that I can implement into my menu. It might be hard, but we can keep our budgets low with rising costs. We can do it!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Erick isn't nearly as busy right now, but work is starting to pick up and he's heading to Jackson every few weeks.
Myelle..well she just thinks she needs to be busy getting into everything. I've lost count on how many times I've put the books back on the shelf or put her toys back in her basket. It doesn't even matter if she's playing with them she just wants them out. LOL
I'm grateful though that I have things to do and I don't have much time to be idle.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Next I want to congratulate all of my friends that have just gotten engaged, had babies, or will be having a baby. Love ya tons and I'm super excited for all of ya!
I have another one about sports, but I haven't pieced it all together yet. Let you know when I get that worked out.
Hope ya'll are having a great night!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Tonight there was Stake Priesthood meeting. I asked Erick if he wanted to go with Dad. He answered with "I'm soo tired." I chuckled and finally convinced him to go. How can the Lord bless us if we can't even do the minimum? When I told Mom the story later she said "Remember in the scriptures where it says in these latter days there will be a separating of the chaff from the wheat?" Today we passed, but what about in a few weeks...when the Rexburg Temple Dedication is at the same time as the Superbowl? LOL We are going to the dedication, but how about in our other doings? Are we chaff or are we wheat?
Thursday, January 17, 2008
We want to thank you all for all your continued love, support and friendship. We are truly blessed.
Now to figure out a way to pay for all of it! ;) LOL
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Now for an update. I will post pictures as soon as I get more of them loaded onto the computer. I'm still adjusting to our new one. Myelle is doing fantastic and just loved Christmas other than the fact that she had a cold, which she promptly gave to both Erick and I and apparently one of my brothers and one of my sisters. Sorry. Her favorite thing about Christmas? Playing with everyone else's things. LOL She quite enjoyed New Year's also as she woke up at 3:30 in the morning and played until 7am with Uncle Darren's friends from college. They are so sweet to play with her.
Erick is starting to go back up to Jackson so I will be as I call myself...a "construction widow" this week. I miss him terribly when he's gone, but it is good for him to get the experience and at least he has a job. I am working on appreciating my situation because so many have so much less. He is now getting over the cold that had him down for a while after Christmas.
As for me, well let's just say Murphy is paying a nice long visit to me. Starting on Dec 29 when I got pulled over and ticketed in my own driveway after an extremely long day at work. Next I wreck my car on New Year's Eve and lose my voice that same night after I'm off work. It's the new year and I still have no voice, but hopefully things will only get better from here.
Love you all!