Sunday, January 20, 2008

Separating the Chaff from the Wheat

Erick was just called to be a primary worker! We will now be teaching the 11 year olds together. :D I don't know which is worse teaching 3 year olds that don't listen to you or 11 year olds that don't listen to you. LOL JK Today was our first day teaching and Erick did a pretty darn good job. We decided we need to find a happy medium between us though. Today he asked a question with that was pretty deep, but could have been worded simpler and a boy in our class said, "What?" LOL Poor Erick had think hard to rephrase the question in simpler terms. Our poor class will probably laugh at me next week as I hold up a picture of Jesus and ask "Who's in this picture class?" LOL This calling will definitely make us stretch and grow.

Tonight there was Stake Priesthood meeting. I asked Erick if he wanted to go with Dad. He answered with "I'm soo tired." I chuckled and finally convinced him to go. How can the Lord bless us if we can't even do the minimum? When I told Mom the story later she said "Remember in the scriptures where it says in these latter days there will be a separating of the chaff from the wheat?" Today we passed, but what about in a few weeks...when the Rexburg Temple Dedication is at the same time as the Superbowl? LOL We are going to the dedication, but how about in our other doings? Are we chaff or are we wheat?

1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

I had to laugh out loud when you ask who the picture of Christ was... pretty fun!!! It deffinately interesting teaching together.
ainslie